Monday, October 19, 2009

People of Walmart and Balloon Boy.

Sorry for the long gap in postings. My Internet was down. Fortunately, AT&T, after I finally got tired of the wife's nagging and call them about the problem, did get right on it and just over 12 hours later (it was 9:00 PM when I called) my Internet was back up and now I'm now able to make my postings. I just shutter if BO takes over the Internet. I would be on the year long waiting list to have my connection problem addressed, much less fixed.

This delay kept me from posting about Balloon Boy and how I thought it was a hoax from the get go. First of all, the balloon itself led me to question the legitimacy of the story. I've just finished studying fluid mechanics in Physics and, given the figures from the news about the balloon, I was able to figure out the lift and it was about 20 pounds. Barely able to lift a small toddler at best yet they're claiming an 8 year old was in it. It didn't make sense. It wasn't physically possible give the size and dimension of the balloon. The other is that my wife looked up the wife swap episodes (they were participates TWICE) and it was clear that not only are the parents down right nuts, but they're attention hounds as well. They thrive on attention so this just raised my suspicion even more. The final proof for me was the kids were left alone and video taping the whole thing. The videos didn't show the boy getting in and with all those cams going, it was clear that boy wasn't anywhere near that balloon. It was clear to me it was a hoax for attention.

What really gets me is that the sheriff was either so stupid or just plain clueless to not see through this immediately. What's worse, the father couldn't keep his big mouth shut and boasted about the hoax as a stunt for a reality show he's trying to promote as well as some of the media was involved. To hoax the endangerment of a child for selfish desire for glory as well as a reality show is just despicable and I hope they get prison time. What makes them the epitome of stupid is that they boost about it at WALMART!!! WALMART!!!! Does he know what type of people shop there? Some of the most brainless judging by the website I'm about to recommend, but when you brag about it at a superstore, did he expect nobody would be listening or taking notes? That nobody would tell? I guess not. Worse still, is how gullible the media was to fall for the stunt. As usual with the media, they played the fool that they are when should anyone check some basic facts, like is it even possible for the balloon to take off with the added weight of the boy, they would had seen through this. Well, nobody said the media is interested in the facts.

This leads to the recommendation of a website my mother told me about. It's peopleofwalmart.com. If you need a good laugh, just take a look at the pictures of people and their vehicles. Other than one, where a man wears a shirt that said welcome to America now speak English and the comment was what ignorance, it's can be scary when you think that these people actually vote (and I bet for many, and often as well) who it is they vote for because no self respecting conservatives wouldn't be caught dead doing or expressing such silliness and perversion. So if life is getting you down, get a good laugh at people making fools of themselves at people of walmart.

1 comment:

John Michael said...

I noticed you made a post about peopleofwalmart.com. Perhaps you might be interested in doing a follow up about People of Public Transit.

People of Walmart inspires sister site (People of Public Transit)

http://www.peopleofpublictransit.com/

The public bus and subway systems are littered with amazing photo opportunities. Many of us have been sitting alone witnessing something amazing and only wishing we could share the experience with our friends. Well now you can!

Thank you,
John Michael